Siena is one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Italy. Walking through the streets and squares, you can still breathe in the atmosphere from centuries gone by and admire the beauty of the churches and historic buildings. The strong attachment of the Sienese people to tradition is best illustrated by the famous Palio, which is not just a horse race that takes place twice a year and that has divided the city neighbourhoods for centuries, but a time when the residents experience life in their districts with dinners, parties and events that go back centuries. But Siena offers much more to visitors: from the architectural splendour to the culinary delicacies, for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Villa Montarioso is 5 kilometres from the historic city centre, which is easy to reach by car, with a number of city car parks. Here is some information about the available parking:
- Parcheggio La Stazione (station car park): this is the most practical and low-cost solution to reach the city centre and the hospital. Parking costs €2 a day and the train station is served by regular public transport connections.
- ParcheggioStadio (stadium car park): with access from San Domenico, this is the most convenient car park; hourly rate € 2.00 and free of charge from 20:00 to 07:00.
- Parcheggio Il Campo: access from Porta Tufi; hourly rate € 2.00.
- Parcheggio Il Duomo: access from Porta San Marco; hourly rate € 2.00.
- Parcheggio Santa Caterina: access from via Fontebranda; hourly rate € 2.00.
- Parcheggio San Francesco: access from via Peruzzi; hourly rate € 2.00.